How it Works
- Create a fundraising page for your child on this website to register and design their individual fundraising page! This is where your friends and family can make donations in support of your reading! You can be as creative as you want with the page, but please be sure to include a couple sentences on why the read-a-thon is important to you! Here you can also post updates about what you're reading or how many books you've read so far! NOTE: If you are registering more than one child, you must use separate emails for each page created.
- Set a fundraising goal. Do you want to try and raise $100 for the fight against pediatric cancer? More?? You can post your fundraising goal in your fundraising page and continuously track how close you are to reaching it!Try and set a reading goal too for the Read-a-thon! Over the next few summers, we are trying to read 1,000,000 books as a group. How many of those do you think you can read?
- Brainstorm a list of friends and family members to sponsor your reading. Remember, everyone can help! Contact the people on your list and share the link to your fundraising page. Along with the link, we recommend writing a letter to tell them in your own words why you are participating. Once you create your fundraising page we'll send you a sample letter that you can send to your sponsors.
- Read, read, read! The more you read, the closer we are to reaching our goal of one million books!
- Record your books as you read them on your book log at home, when the Read-a-thon is over, be sure to give your final count of books read to your teacher so that they can submit it to us and we can tally the total!